Monday, September 5, 2016

Food paradise in Oahu: Day 1 and 2

My first thought was ............. sushi + beach. Isn't that a perfect combo? And that's when I said, Hawaii!!!!!!

What can I say? I had to hit the gym big time before going on this trip, because I knew I was going to be eating like a mad woman! 

Let the eating journey begin.

As soon as we arrived and checked into our hotel, first stop ... ABC store and got us some sake! By the way, our flight landed at 9:30pm (Oahu time), which means .... not much time to eat, plus I was quite exhausted from the 10.5hour flight. What I really wanted to a glass of cold alcoholic beverage, nice shower and a good night sleep so that I could start the day bright and early at the Waikiki beach! 

ABC Store at Waikiki Beach

Back at the hotel after a visit to the ABC store

 Marukame Udon: Welcome known for their udon of course, and deep fried snacks. This is a fast food joint, and always a long line up!


Last January in Honolulu, it was about 30C in temperature, I really didn't feel like eating anything hot, so I went for the cold Udon instead and let me tell ya, it was delicious!

 Dinner at Jinroku 






 Hawaiian coffee: Kona Blend. It was expensive and not my cup of tea. I personally prefers stronger, richer blend of coffee. This one was way too light for me. But for those who are not into strong, bold coffee, this is perfect for you!


 Surf n' Turf Taco joint in Waikiki: $10 USD for two massive tacos. It was delicious!!!




Dinner at the famous Nobu in Waikiki. Simply delicious!

Complimentary Dessert from the restaurant.
Dinner at Nobu
 Food Trucks Galore!




Stay tuned for part 2 of Food Paradise in Oahu.
 Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: Habeegirl
All photos taken by Habeegirl

Cheers,
HaBeeGirl 

"When engaged in eating, the brain should be the servant of our stomach." --- Agatha Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment